Day 5!

Today, we started off with a lesson by Dr. Dar about the alphabet in Farsi, as it's a little bit different to the one in Arabic. This was a little bit surprising to me, as I didn't know that the alphabet in Farsi would be so different to the one that I already knew in Arabic. The main differences between Arabic and Farsi, in terms of their alphabet, is the pronunciation and the letters. Farsi has some letters that aren't there in Arabic, like پ (Pe) and چ (Ce). This was definitely a little bit difficult for me to get used to, because I wasn't used to the different pronunciation of some letters, but it wasn't super hard to get the hang of after we went over it a little bit during the lecture. After going over the alphabet, we then moved onto pronouns. These were also different to Arabic pronouns, as there aren't as many types of how to say "You are" in Farsi as there are in Arabic. For the rest of the lesson, and for a lot of the day, we mainly just continued to go over the pronouns in Farsi. In addition to this, we also went over the verb "To be", which is هستم (Hastam). This was definitely a lot of new grammar to take in, but I feel like I'm getting the hang of it!

A picture of the Farsi Alphabet!



Comments